Minden Medical Clinic - Additional Services"To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Click to view additional information on the below topics.
– 5th most common chronic disease across all ages
– Account for 15 million patient visits annually in the United States
– One of 5 adults and 4 of 10 children suffer from allergies
– One of every 2 patients test positive for one or more allergens
– Cost the health care system about $18 billion annually
– Number 1 cause of workplace absenteeism due to chronic illness
– Accounts for more than 4 million missed days of work and 2 million missed days of school
– In the past year, 18.4 million adults and 6.7 children were diagnosed with hayfever
By offering allergy testing and immunotherapy at Minden Clinic, we can offer a greater convenience and a reduced cost to patients versus seeing a specialist. Testing and immunotherapy is covered by the vast majority of health care plans, providing patients with low out of pocket expenses.
Free Immunization Clinic
As a Rural Health Clinic (RHC) we can provided Vaccines for Children (VFC). The Minden Medical Clinic offers this service Monday – Saturday, with or without an appointment. This is a convenience to busy families that do not want to wait for the community immunization clinic also offered through Mid Nebraska Community Services. This is a federally-funded and state-operated vaccine supply program that provides free vaccines to VFC-eligible children. Children must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible for VFC vaccines:
- Enrolled in the Medicaid program or Kids Connection
- Have no health insurance coverage
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Underinsured: The child may have some health insurance but the benefit plan does not include immunizations.
The VFC program was created to meet the vaccination needs of children from birth through 18 years. The vaccines available through the VFC program currently include twelve vaccines.
For more details go to: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/default.htm.
Kids Connection is health care coverage for qualified children developed by the State of Nebraska. It includes both the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and the Nebraska Medical Assistance Program (also known as Medicaid). Its purpose is to provide health care to low-income and low-income uninsured children all across the state.
More details can be found at http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/med/kidsconx.htm.
Every Woman Matters
Every Woman Matters is a program that can help you get your annual health check-up. The program is for women 40 through 64 years of age, who have limited or no health insurance, and have a low or medium income. Every Woman Matters will cover the following but other diagnostic testing is available for different ages.
- Pelvic exam with a Pap test
- Clinical breast exam
- Teaching of breast self exam
- Blood pressure check
- Cholesterol check
- Blood sugar (glucose) check
For more details visit http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/womenshealth/ewm/.
Recommendations for Child & Adult Immunizations
Educational & Seasonal Information
Help Fight Germs, Like Flu
Flu Vaccinations available now – walk-ins welcome at the Clinic