COVID-19 Updates & InformationGet the latest information on COVID-19 vaccine and testing.
We ask for your patience as we continue to obtain additional information from the state on the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine to the public. We will be sure to provide more information as it becomes available.
If you have questions relating specifically to the COVID-19 vaccines or vaccination process, please email email@example.com or call us at 308-832-3400 Option 6.
Community COVID-19 Vaccination Update 2/26/2021
We continue to work through the Phase 1B vaccination priority group in Kearney County. Vaccine allocations from the state continue to vary on a weekly basis. Two Rivers Public Health Department has provided guidance that 10% of our vaccine allocation can be used for Educators.
If you are an Educator who works or lives in Kearney County OR If you or a family member falls into the Phase 1B priority group
Please sign up on Two Rivers Public Health Department’s website if you have not done so already at: https://nalhd.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_efcrpIgGjg3KfOt to register your information or call KCHS at 308-832-3400 Option 6. We are cross-referencing TRPHD’s list with our list to ensure those who sign up are accounted for.
Our visitor policy has changed to allow one visitor per hospital patient per day. This may be a different person on different days, but only one particular visitor is allowed per hospital patient per day. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to monitor the progression of COVID-19. As vaccinations become more available, the visitor policy will continue to be monitored and adjusted.
Links for more information on the COVID-19 Vaccine
- State of Nebraska Vaccine Registration Portal
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
- COVID-19 Vaccines: A Guide for Individuals
- Answering Your Questions About the New COVID-19 Vaccines
- UNMC Test Your COVID-19 Vaccine Knowledge
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
KCHS is prepared to provide care for our patients during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. However, we are asking for your assistance to limit the spread of this contagious disease among patients and employees. For non-emergent situations, if you are experiencing a cough, have shortness of breath, have a fever greater than 100.4, or have a known exposure to someone who has COVID-19, PLEASE CALL AHEAD BEFORE PRESENTING TO THE FACILITY. In all emergent situations, please go to the ER for medical care, but we would ask that you call ahead if possible for staff to prepare.
Current Visitation Guidelines: Visitation Guidelines Updated 12/14/2020
Clinic Scheduling: Scheduling Process
Mask Recommendations (published 8/20/2020)
Tips to Cope with Anxiety and Isolation
Preparing for the Holidays During COVID-19
Coping During an Infectious Disease Outbreak (English) / (Spanish)
Updated information pertaining to businesses and employees: COVID-19 Business Information
Protecting yourself and others: Coronavirus Information
How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Cloth Face Covering
How to Wash a Cloth Face Covering
Rapid Testing at KCHS
- This test is for patients with an onset of symptoms still within the first 5 days.
- Asymptomatic patients are NOT candidates for this test.
- Typically less than 1 hour turn-around for results (there may be exceptions in which results would be known by the end of the day).
- Respiratory Clinic patients or ER patients presenting with symptoms will remain in the facility until results are received.
- with this test, some circumstances may warrant additional testing with a non-rapid COVID-19 test – such as a transfer to a larger facility, pre-operative testing, asymptomatic testing, or confirmatory results.
- At this time, insurance will pay for this symptomatic testing.
Starting August 11th we will be assisting with a drive-through test site for Test Nebraska every Tuesday from 9:00am-10:00am
Location: Kearney County Fair Grounds
404 21st St,
Minden, NE 68959
For more information and to sign up for testing visit: www.testnebraska.com
Free COVID-19 Testing: Make an Appointment at TestNebraska.com
- 910 20th St (Acute/ER entrance on west side of facility)
- Every Tuesday 11am – 1pm
- Starting 1/19, 11am – 2pm
- Buffalo County Fairgrounds
- Every Monday 11am – 12:30pm
- Every Wednesday 8am – 9:30pm
- Every Friday 8am – 9:30pm
- City Service Building
- Every other Monday 11am – 12pm
- 1/18, 2/1, 2/15
- 1406 Q Street
- Every Monday 9am – 12pm
- Every Wednesday 9am – 12pm
- Volunteer and Rescue Building
- Every Wednesday 9am – 10am
- Recycling Center: 516 13th St.
- Every Thursday 8am – 10am
- 717 North Brown Street
- Every Monday 2pm – 3pm
- Every Thursday 9:30am – 10:30am
- Kearney County Fairground
- Every Tuesday 9am – 10am
Bamlanivimab is NOT authorized for use in patients:
- Who are hospitalized due to COVID-19
- who require oxygen therapy du to COVID-19
- Who require an increase in baseline oxygen flow rate due to COVID-19 in those on chronic oxygen therapy due to underlying non-COVID-19 related comorbidity
High risk is defined as patients who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a body mass index (BMI) greater than or equal to 35
- Have chronic kidney disease, diabetes, or an immunosuppressive disease
- Are currently receiving immunosuppressive treatment
- Are 65 years of age or older
- Are 55 years of age and have: cardiovascular disease, or hypertension, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or other chronic respiratory disease.
- Are 12-17 years of age and have: BMI 85% for their age, Sickle Cell Disease, congenital, or acquired heart disease, neurodevelopmental disorders, medical-related technological dependence, or asthma, reactive airway, or other chronic respiratory disease that require daily medication for control.
How to Quarantine
Health Care Insights
We are happy to announce in January of 2021 we will be open our new outpatient physical therapy department! We are happy to announce that in January of 2021 we will be opening our new Outpatient Physical Therapy department!Our new outpatient physical therapy...
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season is something that is easy to get swept up into. Here are some helpful reminders when it comes to what you’re eating this holiday season.Never go to a party hungry It is easy to hang around the food table while talking with...
Dr. Schopp is a Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon and can help with a wide range of orthopedic issues. He specializes in helping patients in rural communities. Helping people get back to their daily actives quickly is his specialty. Dr. Schopp has been practicing...