COVID-19 Updates & InformationGet the latest information on COVID-19 vaccine and testing.
For the latest information on: COVID-19 VACCINES, TESTING, GENERAL INFORMATION, and HOW TO QUARANTINE.
To schedule a COVID-19 Vaccination, you can call Minden Medical Clinic directly at 308.832.3400 Opt. 6.
You can also register for a COVID-19 vaccine through the State of Nebraska website; https://vaccinate.ne.gov/ This may direct you to other locations outside of Kearney County Health Services. Through the state site you will:
– Fill out a short questionnaire.
– Receive an email confirming your registration if you provide an email address.
– When you are selected in the phase you are eligible for, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule your vaccination.
– If you don’t have an email address but enter a phone number, you will be contacted by either text or phone call.
If you have any questions please contact us at 308.832.3400 OPTION 6 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links for more information on the COVID-19 Vaccine
- State of Nebraska Vaccine Registration Portal
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
- COVID-19 Vaccines: A Guide for Individuals
- Answering Your Questions About the New COVID-19 Vaccines
- UNMC Test Your COVID-19 Vaccine Knowledge
At KCHS we offer both Rapid COVID-19 testing and PCR testing. All PCR specimens are taken in-house and then sent out of the facility for results.
Rapid COVID-19 test available for patients:
- This test is for patients with an onset of symptoms still within the first 5 days.
- Asymptomatic patients are NOT candidates for this test.
- Typically less than 1-hour turn-around for results (there may be exceptions in which results would be known by end of day).
- Respiratory Clinic patients or ER patients presenting with symptoms will remain in the facility until results are received.
- With this test some circumstances may warrant additional testing with a non-rapid COVID-19 test – such as a transfer to a larger facility, pre-operative testing, asymptomatic testing, or confirmatory results.
- At this time, insurance will pay for this symptomatic testing.
- This test is qualified as a rapid immunofluorescence test (which is different than PCR methodology). What this means is some circumstances may warrant additional testing with a non-rapid COVID-19 test (such as a transfer to a larger facility, pre-operative testing, asymptomatic testing, or confirmatory results)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
KCHS is prepared to provide care for our patients during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. However, we are asking for your assistance to limit the spread of this contagious disease among patients and employees. For non-emergent situations, if you are experiencing a cough, have shortness of breath, have a fever greater than 100.4, or have a known exposure to someone who has COVID-19, PLEASE CALL AHEAD BEFORE PRESENTING TO THE FACILITY. In all emergent situations, please go to the ER for medical care, but we would ask that you call ahead if possible for staff to prepare.
Current Hospital Patient and Visitation Guidelines:
We are currently allowing visitors into the KCHS facility. Hospital Admissions doors are now unlocked from approximately 7:30am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Admissions doors will continue to be locked after hours and on the weekends. EMERGENCY ROOM doors will remain locked. Please ring the bell upon presenting to the Emergency Room doors.
As a Hospital Patient (lab, radiology, specialty clinic services) or Hospital Visitor please report to the Hospital Admissions desk to be screened. You will then receive a sticker indicating you have been screened for the day.
We are discouraging walk-in appointments for the Clinic. However, to schedule an appointment please call the Clinic at 308-832-3400 ext. 2102 or ext. 2103.
FOR NON-RESPIRATORY APPOINTMENTS: Patients will enter through the Hospital Admissions doors (south side of the facility under the large awning) which are open from approximately 7:30am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Clinic patients will proceed to the Clinic, following the BLUE signs, and will be screened at the Clinic Admissions desk to receive a sticker indicating you have been screened for the day.
FOR RESPIRATORY APPOINTMENTS: Patients will call the Clinic registration desk when they arrive at the facility. A nurse will meet you at the West side entrance door (this is NOT the main Clinic entrance which is still under construction). Respiratory patients will be taken directly to a designated treatment room.
For any concerns or questions, please call 308-832-3400 ext. 2102, 2103, or 2118.
Mask Recommendations (published 8/20/2020)
Tips to Cope with Anxiety and Isolation
Coping During an Infectious Disease Outbreak (English) / (Spanish)
Updated information pertaining to businesses and employees: COVID-19 Business Information
Protecting yourself and others: Coronavirus Information
How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Cloth Face Covering
How to Wash a Cloth Face Covering
Links for more information:
Two Rivers Public Health Department
Centers for Disease Control
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
How to Quarantine
Suzanne Gregg Behavioral Health Clinic
Dr. Pankratz Obstetrics/ Gynecology Clinic
Dr. Schopp Orthopedic Clinic
Health Care Insights
Mental Health in Rural Communities
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and Kearney County Health Services’ Senior Life Solutions is spreading awareness of the challenges of receiving mental health access in rural areas. Access While mental illnesses are similar in both rural and urban environments,...
New Outpatient Physical Therapy Department
We are happy to announce in January of 2021 we will be open our new outpatient physical therapy department! We are happy to announce that in January of 2021 we will be opening our new Outpatient Physical Therapy department!Our new outpatient physical therapy...
COVID-19 Vaccinations Pfizer & Maderna Vaccinations Pfizer vaccine needs to be kept at extremely cold temperatures, -70 to –80 degrees. The Pfizer vaccine is two doses that need to be administered 21 days (about 3 weeks) apart. KCHS will be receiving the Maderna...
Address: 727 East 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959