Senior Life SolutionsProviding Solutions to Seniors
Providing Mental Healthcare to Seniors
Kearney County Health Services’ Senior Life Solutions program is an intensive outpatient group counseling program. The program is designed to meet the needs of seniors and older adults. There are unique needs of aging, including depression and anxiety, can be challenging. Senior Life Solutions and KCHS are here to help.
COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
Studies are showing that the recent pandemic has increased symptoms of depression and anxiety in all age groups. If you or someone you know is struggling, please contact one of our mental health professionals for help.
- What is Senior Life Solutions?
- Preparing for the Holidays During COVID-19
- Combating Winter Blues (11/4/20)
- Depression in Older Adults: Signs, Symptoms, Treatment
- Preventing Suicide in Older Adults
- Coping During an Infectious Disease Outbreak Brochure (English) / (Spanish)
- Staying Positive and Preventing Depression as You Get Older
- The State of Mental health and Aging in America
- Interactive Symptoms Checker – simple question and answer tool to check your mood
- Check Your Mood Check list
- Take an Online Mental Health Test
Committed to You
Your team is lead a board-certified psychiatrist accompanied by a host of other mental health professionals.
Close to Home
Our outpatient setting keeps you where you want to be, close to home, with encouraging and supportive people.
Tested & Trusted
The intensive outpatient method of treatment provides a supportive team and proven methods of assistance.
You or a loved one can benefit from Senior Life Solutions if any of the following challenges have happened.
- Recently experienced a traumatic event
- Lost a spouse, family member, or close friend
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Changes or loss in appetite
- Difficulty sleep or changing sleeping patters
- Energy loss
- Lasting feelings of sadness or grief
- Feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness
About Your Group
After an individual assessment, individuals meet in a supportive and encouraging group setting. These caring groups meet three times a week. These sessions allow each senior to gain a greater understanding themselves and to create relationships with others facing similar challenges. During group sessions, each senior will engage in open conversation guided by a licensed therapist. In these conversations, each person will learn new skills to support their mental health wellness.
Trained & Experienced Mental Health Staff
Each group has a large staff of trained and experienced medical professionals. A board-certified psychiatrist, licensed social work, therapist, registered nurse, and other mental healthcare professionals are dedicated to each group of seniors.
Anyone can refer an individual to the Senior Life Solutions program including, family members, physicians, or other healthcare professionals.
A lot of questions surround both aging and mental healthcare. If you have any questions about Senior Life Solutions call us at 308-832-3400.
Health Care Insights
Dr. Schopp is a Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon and can help with a wide range of orthopedic issues. He specializes in helping patients in rural communities. Helping people get back to their daily actives quickly is his specialty. Dr. Schopp has been practicing...
Alzheimer’s is the most common cause of dementia. Dementia is a broad word used to categorize memory loss as well as other thought-based tasks. These cognitive hindrances are serious enough to challenge people with typical, daily tasks. Of all the types of dementia,...
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Even as the month is coming to a close the importance of building awareness on the impact of breast cancer has never been more important. The impact of the second most common cancer in women is felt every day across the...